http://www.bearwoodlakes.co.uk/wp-content/themes/bearwoodlakes
Click to hide content

HISTORY

The land from which the course was created was originally part of Windsor Great Park and formed part of the hunting grounds of the Kings of England. John Walter III, founder of The Times newspaper, acquired the estate and in 1860 built the magnificent mansion that can be seen across the lake from the 14th tee.

The natural beauty of the undulating and forested terrain, with spring fed lakes, made the wonderful setting perfect for creating a signature golf course. The original landscape, tree coverage and nature of the area have been retained wherever possible to create a wonderful backdrop to the golf course.